I Forge Iron

Blue Goose

Yes, yes you can. I'll back you  on it. Very nice piece of work you did there Brother.

The subject caught my eye, "The Blue Goose" is what we used to call my 1959 Chevy 4x4 short bed pickup.

Well done.

Frosty The Lucky.

Nice goose!  Almost life size. :-)  The eyes look almost lifelike, the feathers are kool.

(BTW, they are Canada Geese, not Canadian Geese)...I know, picky, picky, picky.  But after hunting them for years, I was corrected by some biologists.

I just had a gander at that, and I'm very impressed. A great goose! Love the way you have forged the eye. Heat colours very effective.

Some more details please! Head and neck solid? Body obviously isn't!

Top job!

Yes the head and neck were made from 1 3/4 in solid bar.  The body and wings are hammered and shaped cold then welded together.  Started with the head and tried to make the rest in proportion.  It is not quite life size but the anvil is a 209 lb Hay Budden.  The guy wanted a flock of 4 or 5 mounted on the side of his house.  He lives by a lake and and is friends with a guy that has been buying fish sculptures I've made.  Who now wants a large snapping turtle to go with the fish.  Looking forward to get started on it