I Forge Iron

Iron City vise 5.25" Eugene, Oregon

Kevin Hornbuckle

Welcome aboard Kevin, glad to have you. If you put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the IFI gang live within visiting distance. I believe there are a number of guys here getting into the craft in the Eugene area.

What's worn out about the jaws" The one you show looks fine to me, the cross hatching was often just filed in by the user.

Are you selling this? If so you should have posted in the "Tailgating" sub forum. Don't be surprised if Admin moves it.

Frosty The Lucky.

What is the purpose of this post?  

And I did not see any worn out jaws; you don't want an aggressive jaw face to hold hot/soft metal.  I have a vise where a previous owner heavily checkered them and I had to build a set of jaw covers to use it.

There's an estate agent in Eugene by name of Eric Sprado, a fiddle playing blacksmith, not that it should be held against him:D as all round he's a heck of a nice guy(sadly I've not seen him on IFI for a while) look him up in the phone book and give him a call,  I'm  sure he'll take it off your hands. 

Good Morning,

I was talking with Eric last weekend at the NWBA Spring Conference in Longview, Washington.

He was also one of the Auctioneers. The fiddle has to stay at home for a while, One hand is having a control problem, since his scare with the ticker.:angry:

Neil