I Forge Iron

One Hand Wonders

JPH

Hello!!

Here are a couple of pieces I just finished and sent down to me E-Vile Minions to sell at RPFS for me...

Both are Ladder Patterned PW blades.the leaf bladed sword has a blade length of 22" and the Dag has a blade length of 18". Both have my infamous Bovine Ivory grips...

I am basically working with one "good hand" due to this thing I got growing on my rfight hand which should be removed in the next few weeks...

Hope these pics turn out...

JPH

DSC01276A.jpg

DSC01277A.jpg

DSC01282A.jpg

DSC01283B.jpg

DSC01275A.jpg

Jim: You keep showing us these blades and they cause the dark side to call me more strongly. I like everything about them, good contrast in the patterns, fine lamina without being blurred tiny. The profile of both is elegantly clean and graceful. I'm sure the bovine is resting happy to know his/er ivory is being put to such high use. Not that the dogs wouldn't appreciate it but . . . <grin>

I know I asked about your hand trouble a while ago and never got back. I had a computer glitch with IFI's new platform and couldn't post except rarely, even PMs wouldn't go through.

Best of the best having the tumor removed. Going to make the scalpels? Or maybe you'd like one of us flakey types to knapp a few? Heck, we could hold a special meeting, feed you a couple pints and . . . Nevermind.

A fellow, long passed now and I used to talk about his service in the Korean war. He was assigned to a Mash unit motor pool and being a blacksmith made tools for the surgeons. Some blades but mostly special clamps, wedges plates, etc. I don't know how much I should've believed him though, he said it was nothing like the TV show. Oh yeah the point of the little sidetrack. He said the surgeons loved his blades though he had to teach them how to care for them they weren't stainless. They took and held far better edges so surgeries went faster and with less damage.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty:

Ref the meathook. I have been fighting with the DVA over this since last August. They just recently built at 120 MILLION US Yankee dollar hospital out here and they do NOT have a hand surgeon that can remove this bloody thing?!!?? So I have to go out of the VA system and get to be seen by a "reconstructive" surgeon to get this thing taken out and that means red tape, delays and more red tape.

All I know is that the NVA, the VC, the Iraqi's and the Afghans couldn't kill me...the VA well, they will probably succeed... Well this is what happens when the same folks that send you out 5 different times to get killed get put in charge of your health care. Granted I had a long military career, this old dog face has  two stars on my NDSM   and even a GCM (Something rare for an Officer..that's cause I was a Mustang)..Still after 36 years of service... you'd think I'd be use to Uncle Sugar's weird ways...but I am not.

I tried to talk them into taping the slice and dice but they said no way...I wanted to put it up on my website for grins and giggles..but they will take "action shots" so that is better than nothing. I go back in next week to get a surgery date (FINALLY!!) which is not soon enough cause this thing is having  a major impact on my ability to work. I just hope that I am not laid up too long from this.

On the special meeting...I already tried that and it didn't work at all..seems that this is a little more complicated than a poke and squeeze sorta thing..At first I thought that is was just a cyst and well..I have cut a few of them outta my hide in the past with no problem..but not this one..

JPH

Edited by JPH

we could run a Raffle to help ya out with that surgery brother,   the winner gets to show his Iadio skills in film, and you get to lose that lump at the same time, if you are game, I am sure your students would buy into it also, maybe the winner can use one of these two new beauties? .

Hey, I was nervous about my tumor in the center of my forehead, so while making it hard to wear a hard hat, it was not in the way.   I was part unicorn for a while, no way to hide that monster thing, but I am so glad it got shopped off a few years ago,

Letting the (insert obscene expletives of your choice here) Gvt. try and control more of our lives than it has to is insane. It really ticks me off vets shouldn't have to pay anything including fed taxes you earned it. Doesn't make any difference to politicians all they can do is scream they don't have enough money to . . . anything.

We're going through the same thing in Ak right now and they're pulling the same stunt. Every time the public tries to get them to waste less money the only things they cut are: schools, highways maint, police and fire dept. Where it'll hurt the public most. Dirty . . . (obscene expletives unexpressed on the public forum) Serve them right if we got out the torches and pitchforks.

I didn't serve but I have a lot of friends and relatives who did. If anyone deserves decent treatment vets do, without you there wouldn't be an America.

Steve: set up a fund, I'm in.

Frosty The Lucky.