I Forge Iron

Scrap-yard anvil I.D.

I didn't want to highjack Lucid's thread, so my first post here is actually a new thread!

I bought an anvil at a scrap-yard today(30 cents per pound!) . It appears to be an old Wilkinson Queens Dudley. It has handling holes and weighs around 160 pounds. On one side it has 3 numbers and some dots. The numbers are 1......1.......2.  The dots are under the numbers. What can anyone tell me about this anvil.

Thanks for the quick reply. The "112" numbers must tell the anvils weight ?  As far as other stampings, it is fairly worn. On the opposite side from the numbers in "Queens" over " Dudley". Just above that is what looks to be "Wilkinson" in an arch. That's about it.

Thank you guys for your quick answers. You taught this middle-aged fat guy something!

As for posting photos.......no good. I'm on my Brides computer and I can't get the blessed pictures out of our camera and into this computer! I'll have to wait until one of our kids drops by to show me how to do it......again.    From what I'm reading, these are good old anvils, and I got a heck of a deal paying 30 cents a pound for it.   I rarely fall into stuff like that, so I'm in my gloat mode for a bit.

That's a good anvil.  I have a Wilkinsons that needs to be welded up, but I really like the size.  Rings like a church bell unless you put some caulk or other adhesive between it and the stump.

In the condition yours is in, you should probably expect a few hundred years of good service from her.