I Forge Iron

How do I GET OUT of blacksmithing? As in quit.

Impossible to get away from the temptations of blacksmithing.  Even if I got rid of absolutely every tool that I have, everywhere there are dealers offering tools, a hammer, a chunk of metal, a camp fire, a tool that needs fixing or needs to be made.  Not to mention the enablers ...

The only way to end an addiction is to replace it with another...  I'm thinking origami it is light, worst thing that could happen is you get a paper cut, and after a long weekend of demonstrating folding swans, and Darth Vader heads it would be SO much easier to load up.... maybe buy some fancy paper...

Glass blowing and lampwork are fun too...  and Raku...  There are lots of fire arts. I couldn't quit if I wanted to, which I don't.  I would still fantasize about forging things, and how to do it...Whenever I am not otherwise occupied there is a very good chance I am thinking about forging, or teaching, or building tools...

​Hi Billy,

You have to consider me being a non-English speaker I cannot possibly understand the above written comment.

G

​WE know Gergely, we're hoping you repeat in polite society and the judge makes yo sit in a corner for an hour. It's a favorite old joke we play on non-English speakers.

Frosty the Lucky