I Forge Iron

Caniron X 2015,Baddeck, Nova Scotia

http://canironx.ca/

I just found out about this event.  The lineup of demonstrators is about the best anyone will ever find ever.  I am deciding if I will make it up there, probably with my wife, for a few days of demos, and a nice vacation around the Canadian Maritime Provinces.

Early registration discount ends Feb 1. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone know more about the details of this Caniron?  Their website is a little light on some details like local (or on-site) availability of food.  Near by stores?  Bring your own?  No camping onsite would indicate restaurant or hotel food, i.e. $$ and that could be the factor which keeps me away.  

I was seriously disappointed by the food availability at the last ABANA conference even thou everything else was great- just a little gun shy about a bigger event that fails to spell out what to expect.

I am going!  It will be nice vacation for the wife and me.  And I have always wanted to see the tides in the Bay of Fundy and go to that part of Canada.  Lots of driving, but it will be summer and the living is easy.  Even from NJ, it will be an 1100 mile trip each way.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am going!  It will be nice vacation for the wife and me.  And I have always wanted to see the tides in the Bay of Fundy and go to that part of Canada.  Lots of driving, but it will be summer and the living is easy.  Even from NJ, it will be an 1100 mile trip each way.

Just back from a very enjoyable trip.  Lots of driving, but saw some amazing, beautiful country.  I spent most of my time watching Uri Hofi and Zeevik Gottlieb demo.  The Albert Paley lectures were very interesting.  I saw a moose in the wild.  Only complaint is that they did the auction Sunday morning, after I had left.  I mentioned this to Grant on the first day, but they could not change the schedule.

I did stop in Southern Maine and pick up a nice 250 lb STAR anvil on the way home.