I Forge Iron

Hey Frosty, whats shakin'

Geoff Keyes

We had another little rumble last night 4.9 they refered to it as a readjustment. Its that time of year where everyone is busy winterizing their stuff and getting ready for the possibility of snow. Its also hunting season so lots of moose being processed.

We get more upset about traffic jams on the hiway! It is all relative to what your accustomed to in your daily life.

Deb and I didn't feel a thing, we were driving some of the critters to the vet's, it was vaccination day and we have enough critters any discount is a good thing. Vehicle suspension is designed to damp out motions just like a minor quake. We heard about it from Deb's sisters in Texas and S. Cal. Most of the damage done here was to things in construction, remodel, etc. temporary put it THERE spots. I guess there were some minor injuries, a couple broken bones.

We had a good jolt a week or so ago on a different fault line too. The hot speculation right now is about these maybe being precursor jolts.

All's well on the Frosty stead, critters got their shots and met new dogs, cats and people at the vet's. Nothing fell off anything, that 's noticeable anyway. I don't know who mentioned keeping most of their shop gear tools, etc. on the floor as earthquake abatement but my shop is so protected so nothing's amiss.

Awe, just another day living in the second most active seismic zone in the world. Even a good shaker doesn't hardly make good coffee shop conversation beyond stories about the BIG one.

Frosty The Lucky.

According to the Alaska Earthquake Center in the past 22 hrs we have had 61 earthquakes that were registered on seismic transducers! They were all probably not felt by anyone. It would be interesting to know how many of these very small earthquakes happen in a non seismic active area.