I Forge Iron

Hello from Arizona

Smithy.Travis

Hello all!

To say I'm excited to be here would be an understatement! Anyway, I do live in Arizona and have for the past 4 years. However, I do originally hale from the great state of New Jersey!!! It was a collective decision to move Arizona though, as it is where all of our family is. I am 14 and have been trying to get a start in the smithing world for a few months now but, an outdoor "shop" and 116 degree temps in the summer quickly put an end to that. Or at least made my sessions much shorter and spread apart. With the winter or more like fall coming, I guarantee I'll get much more work done! Anyway, I've been reading things on these forums for a while and decided that maybe I should quit stalking threads and make an account! In conclusion, I can say without a doubt that I'm excited to be here!

-Travis

Setting up a swamp cooler to blow right where your work triangle is can help too as is doing all your smithing early in the morning---better if you are in a remote area! So have you named your Smithy Travis? Or was that a typo as smithy is the place, smith is the person. (I tell folks it's like calling a mechanic a garage...)

Lol Thomas, my smithy currently works under the name Jersey Boy Forge!

Hey Dodge, I will have to start doing that. All the hard forging in the wonter and the finishing in the summers.Anyway I would l9ve to have a swamp cooler in my shop but the size only allows for a box fan, though it doesnt get much use as there is normally a breeze. That breeze is a curse and a blessing all in one though! Its cooling which is great but, it really messes with the old gasser when i've her running.

Welcome aboard Travis, glad to have you. I must compliment you on your lighthouse avatar, it's PERFECT For an Arizona resident.

You can always do what my friends and I did in the high desert summer, be active before and after the sun crosses the horizon. You can make a wind screen to help keep the breeze from disrupting the burner. Just don't put it too close or vortices will mess it up almost as badly.

Frosty The Lucky.

Welcome to Iforgeiron and AZ Travis! Look us up ( AABA ) we are a pretty active group and help of young men like you get started in smithing. We have a club shop in Glendale at Saguaro Ranch and it will start to open now the weather is starting to cool.