I Forge Iron

small chisels and punches suitable for a chasing and repousse kit?  or the same for face tools?  could you fit sucker rod in and bring it up to temp and make larger tools?  small knives can be made in small forges like one brick's, the 'viking' style knives are fun to make and don't require a large forge to work.

edit: also engraving chisels, but that might be more grinder work than forging...

Benton, thanks. I started with 1/4" round.

Nobody & Chinobi, thanks for the suggestions. I have jewelry items like troll crosses on my to do list, have already made a small set of chase/repousse chisels and am debating trying a small knife. I might even have to try a little pattern welding for jewelry items and such. I'm not 100% sure my soup can forge will reach welding temp without further tweaking.

Mild I believe, though it did seem to work harden on me some. Thanks. It started as a piece of 1/4# round mystery steel. I figured it wouldn't hurt to make this out of it. Not like it has to be tool/knife grade steel... or does it? Hmm... research time.

Frosty: LOL!!! You just proved that old adage:"You never realize you needed it until the day after you threw it away." We cleared out my main junk drawer yesterday, and I tossed several bolts that had been in there for ... heck, I don't even know how long. I'm sure I probably have others around somewhere else though.