I Forge Iron

big bike

here's a video a friend just posted on youtube showing a big bike I just completed - it's my first attempt at metal work and sculpture (and welding), is about 10' long, 5' tall and weighs 700lbs including the base.  I spent a little over 6 months on it - made entirely of scrap metal and antique agricultural implement parts.....lots of fun and lots of learning!

This video has been removed by the user.

I just completed my first project working with metal, welding and sculpture - a big bike.  It's made of scrap metal, car and agricultural implement parts - it's about 10' long, 5' high and weighs 700lbs including the base and took 6 months to complete...lots of fun and lots of learning!  here's a video a friend just posted on youtube if you have an interest....

Greetings Bryan,

Now that's a piece of work...  Over the top way cool..  You have a lot of skill with metal work and you attention to detail is super...  Keep up the great work and I will be looking forward to seeing any further projects you have planed .. 

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

thanks for the kind comments and encouragement - very much appreciated.  NJANVILMAN, as I was putting the pieces together I left functional bearings in the wheels, steering and pedals - but it was just too heavy and unstable to keep it that way....also would be hard to display and even harder to ride (would need to be at least 8' tall!) so I just welded it solid.  now, the only thing that moves is that little container behind the seat - the door opens.  BIGGUNDOCTOR, it's Fairfield, Iowa.

bryan