I Forge Iron

New sawyer anvil maker?

What does it matter what others think it is worth? You paid what you thought it was worth!! Nobody else matters!!

I think it would be worth more if it was dressed in blue jeans and had on a paisley shirt, double knot bow-tie and shiny shoes and answered to the name "SIR"!!

Its got the Hay Budden hourglass on the bottom. Does anyone know if Hay Budden made any sawyers anvils?

It is definitely a cast anvil.  You can tell by the round riser mark on the bottom.  It looks like a Fisher and matches the shape of some early Fishers, but without any marks or examining the anvil in person, it it hard to say definitively.

I took a closer look at the base today. It almost looks like there is a plate that is around the perimeter of the base approximately 1/8 in thick. I think that it is there to give the anvil a flat bottom to sit on. I can get some pix if anyone want's to see it.

I did give the guy some honeycomb from my hives to sweeten up the deal for him. B)