I Forge Iron

Anvil collection for sale in San Antonio

I don't know anymore than what's listed in CL and that these sorts of opportunities always happen when I don't have spare cash around.  Looks like a good opportunity as least and maybe since the ad don't list keywords like antique or blacksmith you might get a decent deal.

lol, yeah...if I was in a position to buy an anvil and needing one like so many of the wanted ads here I'd look to see what else they have though.  If they're all priced like they're made out of gold then the hoarder(s) aren't going to be getting rid of any.

I imagine if that one is $8 a lb it's going to be around for a good long while.  I did email her to see if I can get some pictures.  And if Anvilman hasn't seen it...either it's something you sprinkle fairy dust on and make a wish for, or he's going to have to buy this one for his museum as it's the only one in the world.

I've been following this one for a week or so since it was posted on CL. There are now some pics attached to the CL ad.

Many years ago, I traded for two anvils from a collector near this same address. I'm not sure it is the same collection or not - although I suspect so because of the similarities. He was living in a doublewide at the time and had so many anvils in the house that he joked the trailer was "tornado proof" due to the extra weight. I got a nice 180 lb Mousehole and a 200 lb Fisher then for about $2/lb but that was almost 30 years ago.