I Forge Iron

Firepots anyone?

I've not heard of them before, but looking at the photos doesn't give me any red flags.  The only think I don't like is the blower.  I have a really hard time believing a blower of that size will last any length of time on a forge.  I could be wrong, and hope that I am.

Drop them an email to find out how thick the pot's wall is.  You want at least .5" - any thinner and it's not worth the money.

When I get things settled here, I'll definitely have to look into getting one of their fire pots.

I emailed and this is the response:" Yes they are still available, The pots are 3/4 inch on the bottom and 1/4 inch on the top". Seems a little thin on the top. The pics look more like half inch. But only ordering one will tell. 200 shipped seems ok.

If they mean the lip is only 1/4", that's fine by my reckoning.  Though, I do agree that the photos sure make the lip look thicker than a quarter inch.

Another option.....

http://www.centaurforge.com/Centaur-12-Round-Mini-Firepot-with-Sliding-Ashgate/productinfo/MS/

It's a few dollars more, but the confidence in quality and service might be worth it.  

All of the Centaur Pots are 3/8'' thick with the exception of the "Coke" firepot, which is 3/4''.

Contact Roger Lawrence. Top notch fire pot designed like the commercially available ones from the previous century, a full 1'' thick, $250 for the completed assembly.

All of the Centaur Pots are 3/8'' thick with the exception of the "Coke" firepot, which is 3/4''.

Contact Roger Lawrence. Top notch fire pot designed like the commercially available ones from the previous century, a full 1'' thick, $250 for the completed assembly.

I did searches for Roger Lorance. For some reason the posted pics don't show up. Didn't see a number for him.

• 3 weeks later...