I Forge Iron

International Blacksmiths Fest (UK) 2014

For full details http://www.internationalblacksmithsfest.com/ where you can see who we have currently received confirmation from that they will be there, and what they will be doing. 

August 13th to 16th, Four days to keep you happy, pick up tips 'n tricks, see the Masters in action and enjoy yourself in the company of like minded people, any problems you have had should be able to be sorted here.

At the centre of the showground there will be blacksmiths working throughout the event as well as an iron smelt, aluminium casting, Medieval ironworking, Blacksmithing competitions, Demonstrations and Master classes and old fashioned fairground attractions, Aunt Sally, coconut shyes, high strikers, rides, bouncy castle etc 

Other crafts and traders featuring some of the the best the UK has to offer will also be on the site to keep all the family interested, and special attractions to keep the kids happy too.

For stallholders and the visiting blacksmiths, there will be a close of event hoolie and hog roast on the Saturday evening after the public have departed.

Unfortunate coincidence there Doug, however with Brian and Alec and Dan attending there will be a US contingent spreading the techniques you are fortunate to have on hand, its also an alternative for those who haven't got the funds to attend the ABANA festival from this side of the pond to see and learn from Internationally acclaimed 'smiths in their specific skill areas.

Hopefully attract more interest from the public to take an interest and have a go at it  for themselves.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

International Blacksmiths Fest (UK) 2014

The International Blacksmiths Festival, 13th – 16th August 2014
For the first time this century in Devon in the UK there is going to be a major gathering of Blacksmiths from all over the world.

Competitions for teams, individuals and students taking place live each day throughout the event,
Masterclasses and Demonstrations from the very best ‘smiths. 

From Iron Age to Solar powered forges

For the first time this century in the UK there is going to be a major gathering of Blacksmiths from all over the world.

Taking place live each day throughout the event, Competitions for teams, individuals and students Masterclasses and Demonstrations from the very best ‘smiths

And to keep all the family happy, there will also be Trade Stands, Craft Stalls and Local Produce Stalls featuring the Best the Westcountry has to offer Along with Old fashioned amusements, Rides, childrens forging, and other activities

Click here for more information

I shall be there with Basher as we are demonstrating Iron Smelting. Look for two blokes mixing mud and probably covered in charcoal dust. We will be building the furnace on the Wednesday or Thursday and running the smelt on the Friday.

See you there 

Mick.

Hi Mick,

I'll be tagging along with a couple of folks, be good to say hello to Owen again and see how you guys do a smelt.  Last time I did one was out in Oz with MOONY a few years back now.  Great fun to watch how it's done. 

Also looking forward to meeting Brian B from the states (really like his style) and to pulling Uri's leg again if I get a chance, last time was at Ironbridge waaaaay back.

It's still a joke in the shop to shout 'Da Hofi vay!' in a booming voice at unsuspecting peeps :)  hope I can bag a spot on his power hammer class as well as Brian's tool making class

Hi Mick,

I'll be tagging along with a couple of folks, be good to say hello to Owen again and see how you guys do a smelt.  Last time I did one was out in Oz with MOONY a few years back now.  Great fun to watch how it's done. 

Also looking forward to meeting Brian B from the states (really like his style) and to pulling Uri's leg again if I get a chance, last time was at Ironbridge waaaaay back.

It's still a joke in the shop to shout 'Da Hofi vay!' in a booming voice at unsuspecting peeps :)  hope I can bag a spot on his power hammer class as well as Brian's tool making class

Hi Ian, looks like we will be missing Hofi due to the Middle East situation and its escalation, but you can still shout and show us 'Da Hofi vay' to remind us all of his contribution to 'smithing.

Stephen Lunns' projects and masterclasses are looking really interesting and a lot to be taken in.

We will miss Hofi, but wish him and all his colleagues to be safe and well.