I Forge Iron

Luck finds of the year.

I am working at putting together a blacksmith shop at my home here in TN, and was looking for tools and an anvil.  A couple of weeks ago I went with my family to a house that is used for storage for a local museum. We were there with permission from the museum director to get the tools out of the machine shop. The house is in such disrepair that it will soon be torn down. We loaded a Delta band saw, a Delta table saw, a Black and Decker drill press, a Craftsman 6 inch bench grinder, a four inch bench vise with anvil face, and a Craftsman radial arm saw, as well as a bunch of hand tools.  The band saw and table saw are both industrial grade and made mostly of cast iron. Then yesterday a friend of mine asked me if I was interested in buying his shop. He said he would take $130 for a 150 lb. anvil, his gas forge, all his tools, and his steel stock. Naturally I said yes. I don't know what I am doing but I am going to keep doing it.

Welcome aboard Jason, glad to have you. That sounds like a good story but without pictures . . . <wink>

Forget about the anvil shaped section of bench vises, they're not suitable for work heavier than straightening nails and I have never thought of something to do with the horn sorta shaped thingy.

Pictures! We love pictures and seeing as the abbreviation for Blacksmithing, BS isn't a coincidence we NEED pics or it's just a story. Don't get me wrong, we love a good story but don't really believe what we haven't see or done. Uh. . . Well . . . there ARE some darned good story tellers out there . . .

Okay, just joking with the new guy. . . mostly. <wink>

Frosty The Lucky.