I Forge Iron

So Cal tool theft.

DSW

I'm reposting this for a good member on another site hoping possibly someone here in the SoCal area might be able to help him recover his tools that were stolen over the weekend.

You know, we don't have much but what we do have... or had... we worked a lifetime for and all anyone would have to do is ask for help and we'd be the first ones there. I'm sorry to say we had a theft sometime between Sunday, Thanksgiving weekend and this morning. As you know, we've been working alot on the property and rather than load and unload the Gator every day with tools, we just pulled an enclosed trailer out to the back cattle chutes and locked everything up over night. We live in a very, very low crime area but that didn't stop someone from breaking in and stealing everything in it from my only welder to the tools my grandfather handed down to my father and then to me. I guess no one is immune from crime but out here it's almost unheard of. Anyway, we'll be watching CL, ebay and other spots but if anyone in Southern California happens to see a 180 Lincoln, Ser. No. M390 10065 or a Honda 6500 inverter generator (I'll amend this posting to reflect the serial number when I get it) that Ed was so nice to have loaned me, I'd certainly appreciate an alert here. We can't afford to replace the things that are replaceable right now with Christmas here already and our underprivileged children we buy small toys for every year now at about 60 and we'll never be able to replace tools of a by-gone generation so we'd sure appreciate you keeping a lookout at least for those two things. Guess my welding and ranch work is on hold for a bit. Now comes the fight with the insurance company.

I know quite a few of you are in the Cali area and was hoping you'd keep an eye out locally to see if you spot anything that might help a great guy out. You can either contact him on that site, or PM me and I'll pass along the info.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's thieves, and having been in his position of getting robbed, I'd like to do what ever I can to help him out.

Thanks, Doug.

members only link removed.

I always hate hearing about theft's like this :(  I will keep my eyes open.  what part of southern California anyway?  im not a member of weldingweb and I didn't get a return searching for some of his text in the forum search, is it in one of the private forums?  it wont let me access the original thread.

ill share this with others I know in the community at large.

He has Quartz Hill/Leona Valley/Acton listed as his location under his name. That's about all I know right now.

I logged off there and you are right, it appears that the way the new site format is setup, you'd need to be a member to view the Off topic section where he posted that. Sorry, since I'm always logged in, it never occurred to me that section was "private" for just members. I copy/ pasted all of his original post here in the 1st post. I can ask him any questions if need be,

Thanks guys for looking out for someone you don't even know. It's appreciated.

One of the reasons we ask people to just post the information here rather than link to of site locations.  

URL has now been removed