I Forge Iron

Threshing Bee/ Steam Show 07/08/07

I made it to the Steam Show, couldn't use Cookies 3 wheeled scooter tho, ground was soft and lots of grass, and I exceed the weight limit a bit, so the circuit breaker kept going off uphill, worked down hill well tho. So I finally just walked slow around the flea mkt area. A little much so I left early and the fella from Ok who was flying in had weather so didn't get airborne till after after 1030.
Did take some pics in the BS Shop tho.

Hawkeye awaiting rebuild.
Photos 1, 2, 3

Got an extra post, make a power hammer.
Photo 4

3377.attach

3378.attach

3379.attach

3380.attach

Mike that was my old milling machine, I donated it to Albany Museum along with several other things.

It was originally a vertical boring machine from WW1 era by Andrews Special Machinery Co. someone added the horizontal part and the boring head had only brass bushings, so I converted it to ball bearings.

The flex shaft grinder setting in front of it was also mine, its 3 phase, that's what my dad and uncle had for a portable grinder when they operated the shop.

Jr.

The hammer behind 'Little John' looks to be a JDH Foot/Power combined. I'm re-doing one just like it in my spare time (Hee hee). It's supposed to have a mess of springs and arms at the top so you can unhook the eccentric, and use the foot treadle for a manual blow. I wish I could find someone with a working model so I can see a picture of the coil spring set-up on top. There's patent drawings in 'Pounding out the Profits', but pretty vauge.

The hammer behind 'Little John' looks to be a JDH Foot/Power combined. I'm re-doing one just like it in my spare time (Hee hee). It's supposed to have a mess of springs and arms at the top so you can unhook the eccentric, and use the foot treadle for a manual blow. I wish I could find someone with a working model so I can see a picture of the coil spring set-up on top. There's patent drawings in 'Pounding out the Profits', but pretty vauge.

Write the patent # down and search for it on the Google Patent engine.

Be warned though most of the patent drawings aren't terribly good for telling you how it works. Still, they're better than nothing.

Frosty