I Forge Iron

International Blacksmiths Festival 2014

Is there a program available so i can find out what master classes and events are happening at what day/time? 

thanks

Not yet, we are trying to arrange it so the maximum number of people can benefit from the experience

All details will be posted to the website as soon as relevant information is received and can be seen at

http://www.internationalblacksmithsfest.com/ 

Some Masterclasses will be inside a marquee and may be repeated each day, these will be the ones that will need to be booked in for, 

Others will be open to all due to the situation,  ie bonfire for tyre bonding is not ideal inside. 

The  iron smelt will be done over a number of days, casting will be done every day, 

There will also be trade stands and groups where demonstrations will be taking place.

There will be something going on each and every day that will be well worth attending for. 

For the demonstrators, traders and those booking in for the whole four days there will be a post show hoolie and hog roast on the last evening after the public have left.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brutal honesty time: I've an expensive couple of months coming up with car tax and a few other big bills.

Is there a time limit on buying the VIP tickets? I don't want to miss out for the sake of switching some cash around at the bank...

All the best
Andy

No time limit, this side of the event would be good, sooner the better from our point of view so we can cater for camping and numbers etc.

no flyers or posters for this event yet?

I did ask before the last event I attended ( by email ) but got no reply, I am at another event this weekend where I could help publicize it if you wanted.

the event a few weeks ago was 'The original reenactors market' held twice a year near coventry, this weekends event it the 'international living history fair' held at bruntingthorpe near lutterworth, I am happy to put up a small poster advertising this and give out flyers.

most I have talked to had not heard of it before

• 2 months later...

still no flyers here, soon I will be at tewkesbury medieval festival which would be a good place to publisize it,

I go a week on friday so still time to get some to me.

I will take the poster I got from the website and a couple of booking forms I printed out.

am getting things ready to bring to your event

still no flyers here, soon I will be at tewkesbury medieval festival which would be a good place to publisize it,

I go a week on friday so still time to get some to me.

I will take the poster I got from the website and a couple of booking forms I printed out.

am getting things ready to bring to your event

Hi Dave, sent another lot out to you second class parcel post on the 27th last week, should be there soon.

Bring your stuff and any spare items to sell in the bring and buy section, labelled with price and whose they are.

Looking good, starting to finalise site positions etc at the moment, looking forward to meeting you.

Is there a poor Newbie across-the-pond who would love to come discount?   What a great sounding event, I'm terribly jealous!

Spanky, you get here, and I'll stake you to a VIP Ticket! Can't do better than that I am afraid.

I've been chatting to John about the bring and buy section, it sounds like it will be great for everyone.

So in the most selfish post every, I'd like it known to all and sundry that I'm after an anvil like the one pictured here:
'>

The big and mint is ideal obviously. Brooks, Peter Wright and Wilkinsons are some brands I can think of that do that pattern.
I might be swayed by the more common double horn with the slightly raised face.

make it known to everyone you know to be attending to bring their unwanted gear to the event.

All the best
Andy

I could certainly be tempted if the price was right. But it's the double horn I'm after really.

I reckon I've got just enough space for 3cwt but a 4cwt monster might be stretching it a bit.

2-3cwt brooks double horn would be ideal.

Realistically the more items that are taken to the bring and buy the better.

All the best
Andy

you can camp on site, probably best to buy a cheap tent here and minimum kit for just a few pounds, in the past have seen 2 person tent, air beds and 2 sleeping bags for 30 uk pounds and unlike some parts of the world we dont have much wildlife that will attack you  ;)

i hope I'm not being an idiot but there appears to be no student discount on the website. There is a group discount and an option to put in a promo code when buying the ticket, is that what you were referring to? 

Discount for students is 10% on production of membership card at entry, not available on line as we have no easy means of checking validity via website. 

Promo code is a standard item on website package we are not in this instance using as I am led to understand how it works, it is not in my domain. Hammer and spanner, I am ok,    Buttons and ether, It's a mystery! 

Sorry