I Forge Iron

Antique anvils collection?

I know there are some interesting things that are collected: hand cuffs, stamps, coins, restored antiques (signs, refrigerator units) etc. So now I'm wondering if anyone collects antique anvils or even blacksmithing tools? If so could you post pics? If this is the wrong section (I dont think it is)'m sorry. Also if this is a repeat post again I apologize and understand if it gets deleted. Unfortunately I can't start the post off with pictures as I haven't even started smithingyet.

Yes there are several anvil collectors in the USA; including people who specialize in a single brand---like Fishers and others who collect a wide range of makes; like a NM fellow who owns over 500 anvils.  It's not a "deep" pool however.

It's not that deep because not too many of us have pockets deep enough. LOL

I guess in a way I "collect" stuff but I use pretty much everything I have. Not at the same time of course lol. I don't have any pictures right now.

10 anvils, 6 forges and a wack load of tools.

I know some of you are against collecting stuff like this but...

As I am not Canadian, can I get a definition for "wack load"?

Lol a whole bunch. Lots of tongs for holding almost anything except for what I need to hold the most, knife blades. I've also got some hot cuts, fullers, flatter, cold cuts and quite a few chisels and drifts. Most of the tools I have are in very poor shape but there cool to have.

Most of my anvils are very rough.