I Forge Iron

Dynamic Details, share yours.

There are some amazing pictures above.  Personal preference for precision and skill is second post, third picture.  I've tried to do similer work and to make something that simple is incredibly difficult.  Anything with curves you can fudge to certain degree but if it is straight square lines they have got to be spot on, square rivet heads I'll have to more research on.

"Remember Grasshopper, all things are possible"

Andrew

edit: added "m" to Remember

Timber deets. The second is cool because the collars are on the diamond thus the timbers are keyed in, and that's a proper rivet, scorched some wood.. The third is a crazy contraption with which you can tighten up the roof. Enjoy.

post-979-0-43323700-1378907192_thumb.jpg

post-979-0-38049200-1378907236_thumb.jpg

post-979-0-65839100-1378907262_thumb.jpg

Nuge - Are those timber details yours?  If so, are you willing to share design info?  I'm remodelling my house using 6x12s and 9x12s and a basic timber frame design but planning on using iron for the joinery instead of the traditional Timber Traming mortice, tenonss, pegs and knee braces. 

Yup, dems mine.  I used to rent some space from a great timber-guy.  We did some fun stuff, not sure how some of it got through the engineering dept.  Not that it wasn't bomber, just unorthodox.   P.M. me if I can help.

nothing that I have pictures of at the moment!

Well, when you get some...Where in Wisco?  Grew up in Germantown.

I like Nuge's "starfish"design.

Andrew, thanks for the comments. The small rectangle rivets started as hex head bolts that I forged square, the back side are set round. The larger tenon end was upset with hammer and torch and then I used a flat ended punch to forge in the angles and keep the edges in bounds.

• 4 weeks later...