I Forge Iron

The Mästermyr Project

the only single source I've found online is the one tha you have likely found:  http://netlabs.net/~osan/Mastermyr/ImageLib.html   If you click on the images then most are good enough to copy from (at least I have done). I've stumbled across individual pictures randomly elsewhere.

I gave in and bought the book on the find earlier this year and it has much better pictures :)

Good Morning,

Contact Bill Clemens, in New Columbia, Pennsylvania. Bill is the caretaker of 'the Mastermyr Find' copy, created by numerous Canadian and US Blacksmiths.

It is a fascinating collection and anyone who wishes can make more pieces.

I have his phone and e-mail information

Neil

If you are trying to copy the originals . I would recomend not copying a copy.
Any differences between a copy and an origional piece will be exapolated when you once again copy pieces especialy true of a set made by many smiths. It could be worth finding out about their resource material.
What is the book Dave?
I have photos ( through glass) I'll see what I can find.....

I have a copy of the book, it is called " The MÄSTERMYR FIND" a Viking age Tool Chest from Gotland

by Greta Arwidsson and Göst Berg

Larson publishing company

ISBN: 0-9650755-1-6

larbooks@impulse.net

the book is wonderfully furnished with archaeological drawings, and photos of the originals, and it is very easy to see how every part is constructed!

• 3 weeks later...

My blacksmith group ( Regin ) made This for museums. Its all original size !! http://www.mestermyr.dk/index.php/udstilling

Thank you for the link Kim. Your group did a fine job of reproducing the tools. There is quite the selection of hammers, it doesn't really surprise me seeing as an anvil would be nearly impossible to lug around with you so I imagine a lot of boulders carry the smith's mark.

Frosty The Lucky.