I Forge Iron

Is a Trenton leg vise rare? Worth anything decent?

billymons

post-24632-0-22770800-1367512031_thumb.jpost-24632-0-14448800-1367513335_thumb.jpost-24632-0-65011100-1367513344_thumb.jpost-24632-0-52829500-1367513353_thumb.jpost-24632-0-68097400-1367513370_thumb.j

Says Trenton on the side and one of the jaws is broke and missing the broken piece. I cant even find a image of one on the net. I paid close to nothing for it and would like to flip it. Thanks and have a great day.

Bill  

That Fisher vise is missing the lower screw (yes, these had two screws), lower sprocket, connecting chain, and probably part of the leg.  The extra block on the back of the upper screw is an add on, not original.  It's probably there because the female threads in the original casting are very worn.  

Mint condition these are worth $1000 USD +/- depending on size.  Using condition they sell for between $200 and $500.   That one is beat and missing important parts.  $75?

Yes now that I had some time to research it, it is indeed missing some important parts. I dont think I will find them either. Well its probably to heavy to ship so I dont think Ill put it on Ebay. Not sure if id get any bites on craigslist. There not all to hard to find around here. Pole vises that is. It would be nice to find a chain vise around here though. Not sure what to do with it. Any suggestions???  

In two weeks the Blacksmith Guild of Central Maryland is holding their yearly blacksmithing conference http://www.bgcmonline.org         If you attend the conference you have the option to participate in "tailgating" where folks sell equipment off the back of their vehicles. The event is held at the Carroll County Farm Museum in Westminster Maryland.

Note: apparently clicking on the link I provided is not working for me, but typing the url into the navigation bar does work. So if you have difficulty, try typing the link in the navigation bar.