I Forge Iron

No markings on anvil, can anyone help identifying

On the 3rd picture there appears to be a casting line under the heel and if it came from Norway it might be a Soderfors anvil. The waist also appears to be slightly thinner than the face when viewed from the horn or heel. Either way its a nice one. How easy is it to find anvils in Iceland?

The shape made me think PW (like Stewart) but it lacks the requisite handling holes.  I agree that there seems to be a parting line under the heel, but it must be one tough casting to show a little sway back in the face without having any chips in the edges!  Good score no matter the make.

On the 3rd picture there appears to be a casting line under the heel and if it came from Norway it might be a Soderfors anvil. The waist also appears to be slightly thinner than the face when viewed from the horn or heel. Either way its a nice one. How easy is it to find anvils in Iceland?

you dont find that many anvil´s here!!! usualy there were 1 in each village but most of them have been buried with trash and the ones that survived are in use by the guys that are into blacksmitting...

i just got lucky i know about guys that have been looking for years for one