I Forge Iron

Butcher's Bowling Alley Wax

Grundsau

I needed more of this wax and found that my local sources don't carry it any longer.
After searching online I found it at this link: http://www.bwccompany.com/bowlingalley.html
The can label looks different.
Tried calling the company for info and always get their vx mail. So I left a message for them to call me.
Anyone know if this is the original formula?

Probably would work.  Carnauba's got a pretty high melting point, compared with beeswax.  And it's hard, so it's possible the coating may show whitish where things rub against it.  

BTW, my grandfather (B. 1884) used a homebrew that was sorta like that formula, for cleaning/refinishing wood.  Mixture of turpentine, linseed oil, alcohol, and some beeswax.  The stuff would separate on standing, so he'd shake it, and then rub it into the wood with fine steel wool.  Let dry overnight, and buff with a cloth.  Did a nice job.

Warning:  If you try this, be sure to wet down the used steel-wool and rags with water, and dispose of them safely; Spontaneous combustion is REAL.

Well, I was hunting around home Depot yesterday and ran across the paste wax section and the Johnson's had an Original Formula can so I read the ingredients which contained Canauba. I just finished searching Johnson's Original and it listed Carnauba as the first ingredient.

Not saying Johnson's is any better than another brand, just glad to see  carnauba's still an ingredient.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 year later...

Hello back and welcome aboard, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you'll be surprised how many of the IFI gang live within visiting distance.

Thank you for the link, I've been hoarding my last can of Treewax for quite a while. Carnuba is IMO as good a finish for wrought work as I've ever used. The Permakote you're linked us to looks to be a very similar product and I'll be giving it a try or watching for someone else's report.

Frosty The Lucky.