I Forge Iron

I humbly request an opinion, becuase to me it looks darn good

Have them put it on a bathroom scale.

Weight from a few dimensions is iffy as the shape can differ so much---my longest, tallest anvil is over 100 pounds *lighter* than the next longest/tallest anvil as it's a slim late American pattern and the next longest is a squat pattern that is heavier through the waist horn and heel.

The only thing I see wrong is the way the far edge dips down just past the hardy hole. Look at how wide it is at the yellow paint, and just as it passes the hardy, the line of the edge moves significantly.

This could signify some serious radiusing on that edge for something they were regularly producing, or it could mean they had to grind back some major damage. Won't know until you get a look at the other side of the anvil.

For a hundred bucks, though, I'd be hard-pressed to turn it down.

There is know way of knowing how much it weights there is no frame of reference. It is an old style English anvil from the mid 19th century. Its a bit sway backed with a bit of weld on the face (grind that off) and the edges could be better. I would buy that anvil all day long for 100 bucks. My anvil sense is telling me it is a bit heaver than 100 lbs perhaps 150. If they weigh it and it comes up bigger the price may go up. Don't dwell on it or hem and haw grab a C-note and put that anvil in your trunk. Its worth it. It does not looked cracked to me.

I have one a similar size to that and it weighs 62kg. So 100lbs for that one sounds about right to me.

That anvil of mine is actually dead, it has a crack and no ring but that hasn't stopped it being a perfectly good anvil to work on. I only paid £10 for it and it's made that back a few times over ;) lol.

Best of luck
Andy