I Forge Iron

another Blacksmistress returns...

tzonoqua

Greetings from the UK. My name is Colleen and I am just returning to the anvil after a three year break (bringing into the world my little girl, which is by far my best creation yet!!) I am just about to take over a Smiddy (that is Scottish for Smithy in case you didn't know) and Gallery in the Highlands of Scotland and live my dream... I am sure I will be here quite often reaping advice and asking lots of questions as I am a bit rusty!!
Regards, Colleen

Welcome to ifi Colleen, your work is impresive in your gallery, I especially like the firedog, with your qualifications and degrees I don't know if I can help, being an old retired agricultural smith. But, ask away someone will come up with an answer for you. Congrats on the new baby.

Thank you Irnsrgn! One thing i have learned, and not from a poncy degree (which is essentially an expensive piece of paper but was also very valuable time well spent), is that experience is the greatest teacher of all. Look forward to picking your collective brains. Regards.

Picking Jr's brain? He'll keep yah busy for YEARS:D. Welcome to IFI, and back to the smihting community Colleen! Your stuff is very impressive, I love your firedog, and spaceball! I look forward to getting to know you and your style more, as well as trading the tricks:D. Congratulations, if somewhat late on your new arrival as well.

Hello Colleen, Wish you the best with the new little blacksmith. Your work is really neat...I like the flow and feel of the Cosmic Trishul and the fish bone conveys an almost eerie like feel....your art is beautiful with alot of feeling. Looking forward to learning abit from you and as you share in your posts.
TIM

Colleen, the rusty wears off real fast. You only have a couple of years to get back into the swing of things as the new lass will want lessons. The next challenge will be staying ahead of her once she is allowed into the "smiddy". Otherwise you could find yourself as striking for HER !!

Welcome to the forum.

Colleen, (AKA) tzonoqua
I also welcome you to IFI.
For reasons beyond my understanding, I have not been able to open your site. So, I will have to take the word of the other blacksmiths who think it is exceptional!
I agree with Sam the Apprentice Man when he says: "Picking Jr.’s brain will keep you busy for years". Jr. has a whole lot of information in his brain. He is a wonderful resource of information and experience for all types of craftsman.
Colleen it sounds like a dream has come true for you. Please share your dream with us as it develops.
We love photographs, suggestions and the challenge of problem solving!
Be safe!
Rusty Old Ted

Hi All,
Gosh, What a friendly site!! I wonder why I never joined sooner! I am not sure why you can't open my pages, I have it hosted on my freespace at virgin, my ISP, who limit the traffic if it becomes too much so that is the only reason I can think of that it might not work.. (which I guess it is a good thing because since joining a lot of people have clicked on me, which is nice... I have been in relative seclusion for a while!!) Anyway I am going to move it soon, am still looking for a decent host.. any UK people out there with any advice on that matter would be appreciated...
Yes, I am just about to live my dream, I am have been given the opportunity of taking over a fully kitted Smithy (when I mean fully kitted, I mean it- it has a plasma cutter, air tools, mechanical chop saw and a power hammer!!) and Art Gallery in a stunningly beautiful part of the world... I will definitely keep you all posted- it will be a journey...
I have been browsing in the blueprints section, what a great resource.
Regards.