I Forge Iron

post drill help

Yes braze it. But before you start bazing vee out the two pieces. Leave enough of the to index the two back the way they fit together. Before start to actually brazing, clamp them, then preheat the entire parts to good black heat. It also looks as if you may have over tighten the set screw. Which broke it in the first place.

Hope this helps
Larry

whell it was cracked at the top for a long time you can see that where it is rusted, but yes i gave it a tad more than it could take yes but i didnt know it was broke eather, think ill go have it brazed i got one other pice i need done to...

I think forge brazing will be a better option over torch brazing, all you need is small bits of brass, some borax and a means of holding the parts together. It will produce a much cleaner finished part over torch brazing. You could even put a collar on the assembly to reinforce it. I have been amazed by the efficiency of forge brazing for fixing small parts more than once. For many jobs it is the way to go. I would not use to to fix a machine frame but for work like this it is the way to go.

what brand is it ? i have a post drill at home thats parts.....will not be home for a few months but if its the same drill ide be willing to make a deal for the part...

4th143.jpg

4th142.jpg

i would love to have good parts for it ! get with me ! thanks..