I Forge Iron

Taking some time off......

I'm going to be taking some time off from the forum, I don't actively smith anymore and it is just passing me by more and more. I just hurt to much to sit here and even read through the daily posts so I will be doing other things that don't tax my aching spine so much. I get so aggravated in the fact that I make my little copper doodads and can't for life of me figure out how to get a picture up here that I want to dig out my big hammer and smash the computer that it just ain't worth the aggravation. So I need to back off of the computer for a month or two or maybe longer. I will be in physical therapy this summer and that is always painful but these young doctors say it will be wonderful and I will feel so much better, yeah, just like the pain injections. Maybe I will and maybe I won't see you all later but so far it's been nice, well except for that danged photo thing. Jerry

I wouldn't be so pessimistic about the physical therapy if I were you. In point of fact, I faced two choices when I suffered a debilitating shoulder injury. It felt like piranha were gnawing on my shoulder joint. Fortunately, I chose PT instead of surgery. I feel that it was the best choice, even though at the time it seemed like the therapist was actually torturing me.

Instead of giving in to the pain, I embraced it. Weird huh? Now, my left shoulder is actually better than my right!

As far as the computer thing goes, I almost introduced my computer to my 4 pound hammer! : D I am one of those analog people trying to function in a digital world. I used PhotoShop to reduce the scale of the images I uploaded. IIRC, I reduced my images to 400 pixels wide by whatever on the height, and 72 DPI. Before that, no dice. I actually found relevant answers in the troubleshooting section of the IFI Forum.

I empathize with you Jerry! Back pain is one of those things I could do without as well. Stay positive. Hope all goes well for you.

Robert

Jerry,

I googled your sig line "Malleum sapientiorem vidi excusso manubrio!" and "the hammer wiser than the handle" was the answer I got, though the context was interesting. Don't tax the aching "handle" too much and hopefully the "hammer" will not impact the keyboard too often either.

I hope your back gets less painful soon and you feel well enough to rejoin us

Regards
Andrew

Just a bit of wisdom I have learned: "Never take an aerobics class from a teacher half your age and half your weight!"

PT is often the slow method but like many slow methods is often the best method over the long term; good luck with your back----we vertebrates have gotta stick together!

• 1 month later...

I'm back! Can't see any difference except that some parts hurt worse and other parts not so much. My hands now have more numbness and my left leg less but over all the pain level is about the same. Got them to sign off on any more torture, told them to shove the pain medication patch and that I would continue to trust in the Lord God the Father, in my Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. They said I was bat guano crazy, so we shook hands and I bid them farewell, danged heathen.