I Forge Iron

AACB Conference in Murfreesboro TN this May

Wondering if anyone has plans to attend the AACB Conference on May 18th & 19th in Murpfreesboro TN ???
I have seen the demonstrators in the past at the AFC Confrence in AL & looking forward to seeing Ernie Dorrill & Steve Williamson demo again. Looks from the web site & brochure that it will be a good one. Was wondering if a bunch more of yall are going??
Bring some good tailgate stuff to sell, I always need more goodies for sure.

I'll be there! Had a great time last year and looking forward to being there again. Excited to have a couple of days off work and enjoy some great demonstrations. Thanks Ron and all the others for all the planning. Jeremy H.

DEG, thanks for the correction. I've changed it on the calendar, but it will take a few days for the correction to show up. In the meantime, here is the direct link to the AACB Conference page within the website: http://www.blacksmithconference.org
Registrations are showing that it's shaping up to be a really good turnout - should be a great weekend.

Expecting to have a great time. I have not seen the featured demonstrators before and am looking forward to them. Hey guys take a look at some of those local AACB demonstrators.

Jason Bivens is an excellent knife maker. Larry Mullins is demoing an original Johnny Kierbow decorative wall hook I heard . I saw Brandon Vaughn at the TN state flea market were he setsup a demo there and he is going show us hammer making.

Wondering if anyone has plans to attend the AACB Conference on May 18th & 19th in Murpfreesboro TN ???
I have seen the demonstrators in the past at the AFC Confrence in AL & looking forward to seeing Ernie Dorrill & Steve Williamson demo again. Looks from the web site & brochure that it will be a good one. Was wondering if a bunch more of yall are going??
Bring some good tailgate stuff to sell, I always need more goodies for sure.

Sure wish I could go! I've been planning on attending all winter and spring, but I booked a show on that weekend. Bummer!
Steve is a great demonstrator......definately worth the trip.

Y'all take pictures for me!

I want to thank the AACB organizers and members for putting on a great conference! What a bunch of friendly folks! The demonstrators were informative , entertaining and inspiring. The dutch oven dinner on Friday evening was delicious and just in time after a great day. It was great to see everyone and to meet some new friends.
Thanks again to all!

I feel so good that I did a craft show instead of the conference that weekend. Ohh yeah! After three days of sitting in the VERY hot sun, and 8 hours of driving, I cleared a grand total of about $40.

I think I should have attended the conference and dumped the show! See you all next year!

Dave, sorry you missed it!

The AACB 2012 Conference, at Pioneer Village in DOWNTOWN (!) MURFREESBORO,TN was a great hit. This is an every-other-year event that actually 'leap-frogs' with the Southern Blacksmith Association's Conferences held in Madison, GA. (they're both held the third weekend of May, so block it out on your calendar & plan to come each year!).

Back to this year's Conference - 192 people attended & enjoyed the two fantastic main demonstrators, Ernie Dorrill & Steve Williamson. Great mini demos were also given by Larry Mullins, Joe Babb, Ken Gould, Jason Bivens, Armand Russell, Brandon Vaughan, Larry Mullins, Clint (Buzz) Busbee, and Ray Cole.

Family programs were by Sandy Bolin & Sharon Babb, and special thanks to Blue Moon Press for bringing the mobile bookstore.

The open forge and dutch oven cookery was a hidden jewel - thanks to Iron Bull. Lots of good tail-gating, iron-in-the-hat, and a HUGE auction with lots & lots of great TOOLS.

Looking forward to 2013 in Madison & 2014 back in Murfreesboro.

And thanks to IFI also - another great tool!