I Forge Iron

A mini LG wip

Folks,

I started on this project recently and thought I'd share it with you folks. For those Little Giant fanatics out there this one of rarest you'll see.

In about 1995 Little Giant of Nebraska City had a run of Miniature hammers cast. There was only 13 cast in all. If anyone has been to Nebraska City and visited the shop they've seen Sid's. These are cute little hammers. Sid assembled the first few and also donated several to ABANA in the first years, but as of the last few years he sold off a few as just the frame and the fly wheel. On one of my last visits I noticed he had only one left. After having spent the last few years working with Sid on hammers and knives I approached him about building up the last one and he agreed.

Hopefully my first pictures attached themselves. They will show what I've started with and hopefully indicate the size. The hammer positioned next to it is a 8 ounce ball pein.

Dave from Diller

post-8916-0-49964500-1308807008_thumb.jp

post-8916-0-17972500-1308807017_thumb.jp

Mat,

No this isn't the same kind of hammer, but man that was cool.

Here are a couple of photo's of the parts and the frame in primer. (I'm thinking purple is a good color)

The folks that have seen these little hammers have suggested everything from pocketwatch parts to leaves. I hadn't heard paper clips though. hmm hmm.

Dave from Diller

post-8916-0-18044100-1308892223_thumb.jp

post-8916-0-06936300-1308892236_thumb.jp

Here are some photo's of the size of the hammer next to a calender and photo of the fly wheel detailed out.

For those that have been wondering this would hammer would be rated at a 1 pound. The ram weighted in at a pound.

In the event of humor we could call it a "POUNDER".

Dave from Diller

post-8916-0-24009000-1308979228_thumb.jp

post-8916-0-44896400-1308979239_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

The first time I saw one of these was at a knife show back in 97-98 in St.Louis and I bout freaked out. Was the first time I met Sid also, we've been good friends ever since. He also had a brand new 100#er in the back of his truck.

Dave, great job, it's lookin fantastic!!!