I Forge Iron

Christmas Gifts

What all did you folks make to give away as Christmas presents this year? I'm going out on a limb here and assuming some of you all might have forged some of your gifts ;)

I made my sister a candle holder. It's the first one I've made.

T520061219200523852.jpg

I'm also making some of my in laws hooks for their pot rack, but I haven't finished those yet..

What about you folks?

It's the 20th, and I've got three tomahawks in the works; one for my son and two for my nephews. Nothing like a little axe related carnage to ring in the New Year! :o

I broke down and ordered handles and a drift. They are supposed to be here Thursday or Friday. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll post some pics when I get'um done.

Anybody ever read Pat McManus' "the Christmas Hatchet"?... "and don't chop anything!".

I am working on a set of treble hook table lamps for my brother. the idea was already done by someone else, so i emailed and asked their permission. Just making the two, anyone else wants one i promised i would direct them to the website- http://www.handmadefishhooks.com/ they are forge and waiting to be welded together and finished...but thats okay..i still have 4 days...
-Aaron @ the SCF
Merry Christmas and a happy and safe (even if it is crazy) New Year to all

I've been very busy this season making stuff. Here are a few pics

This is a RR spike/ Cable Damascus choppper still under construction. I need to polish it up more and etch it.
rr-spike-chopper2.jpg

Here is a belt & buckle for the boss. He just had gastric bypass in June and has lost about 125 lbs. I figured a belt & buckle was in order.
geoffs-buckle2.jpg

Here is a crystal bud vase for the girl at the front desk. I showed her one I did for my wife last year, and she loved it, so I am making her one now.
bud-vase-rht.jpg

Here is a RR Spike knife for my nephew.
RR-Spike-Satin.jpg

Lots of other suff still in the works. I actually took my vacation starting tomorrow so I will have a couple extra days to finish things before christmas.