I Forge Iron

Perry's Class with Brian Brazeal

Perry's first day was yesterday, he will be here through tomorrow. He got his hammer made yesterday, then started practicing the two sided taper. He got it down good. Today he and Brian made some hardy tools and punches, then Brian suggested we all make a hardy tool for Perry's anvil. We had a lot of fun and so far Perry has 5 different hardy tools for his anvil. I will get some more pics tomorrow.

https://picasaweb.google.com/LDWynn/PerryAtBrians#

Thank You so much for the wonderful photos.
The photos were so well made that I got tired just by watching them.
Now I need to go get something to eat and rest up!

I joke about it, because I so respect that you would take the time to share your photo's
with us.
I have no claim to fame for being a stelar blacksmith, but I think I would be in the very
top of the pile who "Loves this Craft" and "Enjoys the people who are in it".
And I think that I would be a blacksmith Cheerleader if there was such a thing!. :rolleyes:

Thanks be to all of you who are in the photos, who took the photos, and to Glenn who
provides an outlet here at "I Forge Iron" for people of common interests, purpose, and ambitions to congregate.
Ted Throckmorton

I uploaded a few more pics including all the tools and items that Perry is taking home with him. I was very impressed with Perry, he did not give up on anything, he kept working to try and learn all the steps of each element Brian was showing him. I think he will go home and practice till he can do it efficiently. Got to play some this afternoon. Made some fun stuff. A feather and a horse shoe heart. The pics are on the same album just added to the end. https://picasaweb.google.com/LDWynn/PerryAtBrians#

Ted T, that was a nice post you made, we really appreciate what you said. You are an inspiration. When you go to one of the links for the pictures I have uploaded, you can click on Lyles Gallery or Lyles Photos or something like that and see all the different albums. Whether you want to see a ring, hardy tools, or anything in between there are over 10,000 pictures there. Brian is glad to share his info, and it is there to see if you care to see it.
Here is another link to it and there are currently 135 different albums. https://picasaweb.google.com/LDWynn

How neat! Say Brian, I really like the copper jewelry, rings, etc. Is there a book on doing those by chance? I'd sure like to include items like that into my sales, but I have to be careful and don't want to step on any toes, etc because of copying. Thanks in advance for any help!
Robert

How neat! Say Brian, I really like the copper jewelry, rings, etc. Is there a book on doing those by chance? I'd sure like to include items like that into my sales, but I have to be careful and don't want to step on any toes, etc because of copying. Thanks in advance for any help!
Robert

I should have done my homework.. I went to Brians website and there in pictorial form are the answers (mostly) to my questions. Lyle I had also PM'd you about it, so I think I've found enough info to keep me busy for a bit. Heck I've already burned 1/3 of my first leaf. When they go, they go! I guess learning the forging temps of copper may be a bit important, it's sure not as hot as iron it seems.