I Forge Iron

Scrap Steel

HI Guys,

All scrap(worldwide) is based on LME.
Anyone who tells you different is smoking his socks!
IF YOU USE A LOT OF NON FERROUS ITS WORTH WATCHING AS SOME PRICES MOVE DRAMATICALLY!
With steel less so, as the LME gives what end-users will pay! You have to factor each person's mark up :) everyone has gatta eat you know!
i.e. bucket shop pays us 'Q' and ads a %, middleman pays bucketshop'X' and ads a %,bulk dealer pays middleman 'Y' and ads a %,etc.etc.etc. The more middlemen the lower 'Q' has to be as the ultimate 'z' is the LME price.

It seems simplistic but that is how it basically works! There is one truism that applies, decreases aply imediately and increases take a couple of days to come through-funny that!

Ian

Central ca is $200 a ton

Hi Scampbell,
Well sorry couldn`t help go off topic, as I lived and worked for some time down there in the citrus growing region of Cal. Great memories from Exeter and beautiful surounding areas. Worked for Exter Packers Inc as Farm manager... wow, time flies.Funny, I`m doing metal work at present. Who said oranges and iron don`t mix? (grin)