I Forge Iron

Any interest in seeing a damascus sword made?

Phillip Patton

I have a couple sword orders to fill, and I'm planning on documenting the build and posting the pics on a knife forum I'm on. Wouldn't be too much work to post them here too, if there's any interest. If you've all seen this sort of thing a million times already, then I won't waste the bandwidth.

But I just sold my old air hammer via this forum, so I'd like to give something back. :)

Phillip

I would be interested in seeing it. But if everyone else has already seen it or something like it then... Of course I am brand new at this and am interested in seeing just about everything blacksmith related get done. That being said, I love the look of the pattern welded steels and hope to make some of my own sometime in the near future.

I have a couple sword orders to fill, and I'm planning on documenting the build and posting the pics on a knife forum I'm on. Wouldn't be too much work to post them here too, if there's any interest. If you've all seen this sort of thing a million times already, then I won't waste the bandwidth.

But I just sold my old air hammer via this forum, so I'd like to give something back. :)

Phillip

Heck YA!!! :lol:
If no one else is interested would you be willing to send me a copy of the video?
I would love to have a copy for my references.

sam

Heck YA!!! :lol:
If no one else is interested would you be willing to send me a copy of the video?
I would love to have a copy for my references.

sam

Hi Sam,
Looks there is some interest, so I'll go ahead and post here. Most of it will be still pictures, but I'll have some videos also.

I too woul like to see the process. I am getting ready to attemp to make some pattern welded steel. so all info is of great interested. If it can't be on this forum what knife forum will it be on?

Besides this forum, I'll be posting it here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=678

It might be a few weeks before I can get to it, but I wanted to test the waters, so to speak. :)

Five yeas and no nays, so I guess it's a go.

I wasn't aware there was a sword section. Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like it has been seen a few times. :P:lol:

i think a big part of the member never scroll so far down the forum list shame it is tho :) the making of a P welded sword can never be seen too many times i think
please share if its no big trouble, the more pics the better :)