I Forge Iron

Fischer anvil ebay

I am adding this based on the photos on EB**. The slot is not factory. It was sawn or ground in at some point in its 128 year life. It is not a factory defect or a "stress riser", whatever that is.

As it sits now, it is just a curiosity. Probably usable working around the slot. But I suspect that with any amount of heavy use, the anvil will crack down the body.

Large slot cut through working face, chipped edges, damage to horn, "I would rate the anvil as being in very good condition" I can just see him selling a pickup---"rolled 3 times and submerged for a year"---in great condition".

Pickup only and not that the weight is for both anvil and stand it's not a 543# anvil! (looks to be a heavy stand...)

Good analogy Thomas, I find these things rather entertaining for some reason, some people will try to sell anything and some people will actually buy it. I think he would have done good if he got 700 bucks on that boat anchor...... the guy on the other end of the deal??????

I am adding this based on the photos on EB**. The slot is not factory. It was sawn or ground in at some point in its 128 year life. It is not a factory defect or a "stress riser", whatever that is.

As it sits now, it is just a curiosity. Probably usable working around the slot. But I suspect that with any amount of heavy use, the anvil will crack down the body.

A stress riser is a notch that causes propagation of a crack. So, yes, it is a "stress riser"

http://dictionary.babylon.com/stress%20concentration%20factor/