I Forge Iron

propane gauge

kozu

They're pretty common Sean, try calling the local propane supplier. Not one like the "Blue Rhino" exchange guys, try the guys who deliver propane and or sell propane appliances. A name in this neighborhood for example, would be "Suburban Propane" or "Fisher Fuel" or a couple others. The local largish hardware store sells propane hoses, fittings, gages and regulators but are more expensive than the propane guys.

Frosty the Lucky.

Note that pretty much *ANY* gauge will be inaccurate after you have owned it for a while. Learn to tune your forge by eye and ear and use the gauge to only get *near* where you want to be.

I've seen so many folks throw around what pressure they are using with their burner---but if you ask them when the last time they calibrated their gauge they answer "Never". Gauges can be 50% off without any signs of injury to them!

Although I don't own a gasser I do have access to one when needed. The guage used is an actylene guage. Also, this same guage is used for his propane torch and gives no problems. Altough purchasing a guage from a propane distributor as mentioned above would be cheaper you can use your oxy/fuel gas regulator/guage.

Tractor Supply doesn't carry the gauge in my neck of the woods. I went to my local welding supply. But TSC are the only folks I could find locally that had an adjustable LP regulator which has a port for a gauge.