I Forge Iron

I took the plunge...

RUN Jonathan! This is only the start! You can get help now if you're quick. You don't realize how big the bug is. Pretty soon it will take bigger fixes, more tools, bigger anvils, always looking for better coal, more scrap steel, there is never enough... I am assuming that didn't work, you've got a great start!

Johnathan,

My condolences to your wife or significant other, she is now among the ranks of the Blacksmith Widows and will only see you covered in coal dust and soot with a big grin on your face. They are many and long suffering, but the Blacksmith Widows do get lonely at times. Try to make time for her, maybe while the game is on, she'll appreciate it. :D

Regards, and welcome,
Tim

Jonathan,

Welcome to your new obsession. :P Great haul you've got there. Soon you will be ignoring things you used to do and immersing yourself in heat and beat.

Glad to have you aboard! There are a great bunch of artists here who are always willing to help.

Good luck and my condolences to your wife. Luckily mine actually likes me to fire up the forge. I reckon she figures it keeps me out of trouble.

Mark<><

Don`t listen to these fellows that tell you that this trade/hobby will drive a wedge between you and your wife!
Here`s what you do,you go out and buy her a brand new 8 pound sledge(carving her name in the handle is a nice touch),put a bow on it(use fire resistant ribbon) and give it to her as a present.When she asks "what do you think I`m supposed to do with that?" you take her out to the forge and teach her how to strike.
Get ready to look for another forge for her though and better drag home 2 anvils instead of one.
A man wants to be prepared when opportunity comes hammerin`. :)

Welcome to the slippery slope.Put your sailin` shoes on cause it`s all downhill from here. :D

• 2 weeks later...