I Forge Iron

Vote today

Timothy Miller

I just gotta add a note here. If your a dem or rep or hawk or dove. who's gonna clean up all that crap on the floor. We elect the partys choice not the real joe
six pack. Best and easiest way to become a millionare is get elected to govt office. Why do we have Vets sleeping across from the white house? in the 60s I was proud to serve. Then we got spit on and s--t on by our own govt. How many
wars(spell that police actions) are ya gonna support. Have been in situations
where you are not allowed to have ammo or need permission from a high ranking
officer who is fishing from his personal boat. Yeh I was there picking up burned bodys. Who weren't there. Am I bitter ya bet your butt I am. Semper Fi means nothing to our elected officals.
Ken.

I just gotta add a note here. If your a dem or rep or hawk or dove. who's gonna clean up all that crap on the floor. We elect the partys choice not the real joe
six pack. Best and easiest way to become a millionare is get elected to govt office. Why do we have Vets sleeping across from the white house? in the 60s I was proud to serve. Then we got spit on and s--t on by our own govt. How many
wars(spell that police actions) are ya gonna support. Have been in situations
where you are not allowed to have ammo or need permission from a high ranking
officer who is fishing from his personal boat. Yeh I was there picking up burned bodys. Who weren't there. Am I bitter ya bet your butt I am. Semper Fi means nothing to our elected officals.
Ken.

I gotta agree with you Ken.
A customer(non-vet) and I were talking about how vets are being treated by elected officials who have never served and he mentioned that when our current president laid the wreath on the Tomb he took a step back and just stood there.He noted all the previous presidents had either saluted or put their hands over their hearts showing their respect.
After some thought I said to Les "That`s the difference between having a commander and chief who is a vet and one who is an elected official".I went on to say I was more upset with the people who surround him(especially those in uniform)than I was with him personally as he obviously had not been informed as to what the proper protocol and traditions were.In that respect,the advisers and officers he has around him had failed both him and the military at large.
I`m just surprised and disappointed that during all this no one thought enough of the man standing there or,more importantly, the sacrifice and symbolism of the man who is laid in that tomb to either brief the president before hand or respectfully make an on the spot correction if and when the leader of our country/commander of our armed forces is in error.
Some things are far larger than any single man or office.

VOTED!---if you *didn't* vote you *DON'T* get to complain about anything/anybody in the government until you have voted!

There it is Thomas!!!

When folks start to complain about any form of government be it at work for a union election up to the goings on in Washinton the first thing I ask is "who did you vote for?".If they tell me they didn`t vote then I just walk away as their window of opportunity has long since closed.
Your voice didn`t count then so it doesn`t count till you exercise your right to use it on a ballot.