I Forge Iron

end table

hey all
this is a picture of a table that i made for a benifite auction last night. it brought $310 i would have put it in a shop for 300 and took 275 so i was pleased. it is all forged from 1 inch square and the top is apple wood that was giving to me took me about ten hours all together. I do have a big blu 155 to help speed things along. i have been welding and repair for about ten years then got in to some welded sculpture and now IN LOVE with smithing i cant get enough. i have some other projects comming up to show you guys if they turn out half decent.

thanks
kyle

oh the table looks a little crooked in the pic but it is level all around when you stick it.

post-2741-12697821213933_thumb.jpg

Very nice and inspiring. Ive been woodworking or 40 years or so, blacksmithing less than 1 year. I love the idea of mixing materials to create art or furniture. Wood with metal looks like a lot of fun, and i also want to try metal and stone.

Thanks!

Steve

Very nice and inspiring. Ive been woodworking or 40 years or so, blacksmithing less than 1 year. I love the idea of mixing materials to create art or furniture. Wood with metal looks like a lot of fun, and i also want to try metal and stone.

Thanks!

Steve

metal and slate bar area is on the way at some point soon. as well as hopefully a limestone bench and maybe a big limestone table for outdoors. My family has a dairy farm and we have plenty of rock here in south central pa hopefully i can get some D.C. area intrest in some of my stuff at some point.

hmm having trouble figuring out how to resize. if an administrator or anybody else can do it feel free. thanks

I re-size using Photoshop before posting. I find that a 72 pixel/inch resolution and then use the size that I want in either direction works well. You need to constrain the proportions or else it will stretch in one direction or another.
I made your table 400 pixels wide. This brought the file size down from 44.7 Meg to 53K. (faster to load)
Hope this helps.

BTW, Nice Table.
Bill

post-7806-12698099764679_thumb.jpg

hmm having trouble figuring out how to resize. if an administrator or anybody else can do it feel free. thanks

Pretty nice job on the table Kyle.

It's pretty easy to resize a photo, simply do a "Save As" the function will usually give you a couple options. I set mine by overall file size, for posting to E-mail or a forum I limit my file sizes to under 150kb. and usually prefer them in the 50-75kb range.

I also save them in a dedicated folder so they're easy to find. By dedicated I mean they fall into catagories blacksmithed work for instance is in a folder under my "Shop pics" folder. How you organize pics is of course up to you, this is just my way of keeping things straight and easy to find.

Frosty the Lucky.

I forgot to mention. I use Firefox and when a photo is too big, I hold the Ctrl button down and hit the minus button. This shrinks the contents of the window. Keep hitting the minus and it keeps getting smaller. When done hit Ctrl = and it returns to the default size. I don't know if this works in other browsers. This doesn't help with the download speed of giant files, but usually makes them viewable.

Bill

You can also set your camera to take smaller pictures I have mine set at 1024 res it says pc on my camera it seems like a good size for posting here is an example spun copper 3/16'' thick
post-10376-12699573262943_thumb.jpg

I didn't know about setting the res on the camera, good tip!

Nice spun hemispheres. 3/16 copper is pretty hefty to spin. I'm betting you used scissor tools.

Frosty the Lucky.