I Forge Iron

Bunch o' grapes

Well I just forged the grapes, it took about 60 of them, they have stems behind them from wich I mig welded them together. I just stacked them so that the structure conseals the stems. The bracket (if that's the right word) is the other end of the stem in the grape on the top. The leaves were plasma cut from 3mm sheet and textured with hammer and chisel.

Nice bunch of grapes you made there!

How did you weld the stems? I probably would've migged them myself, I don't have an oxy acet torch anymore or I might've gas welded them. I've never tried forge welding a large number of small diameter in a bundle. I should give it a shot just because I've never done it.

Frosty the Lucky.

I guess they could be forge welded if the stems would be reeally long but I didn't have time for that, the customer was allready coming to pick it up so i had to act fast.
Not much to tell about the welding Frosty, I just started stacking and welding them one by one.

I guess they could be forge welded if the stems would be reeally long but I didn't have time for that, the customer was allready coming to pick it up so i had to act fast.
Not much to tell about the welding Frosty, I just started stacking and welding them one by one.

Gee, just the way I would've done it! Go figure. :blink: Heck, that's why I have two electric welding machines in my shop, one is a 120v Hobart 120 Handler and the other is a Lincoln Ranger 9 gas powered portable with enough power to serve as house or shop backup if the electric goes down.

Really nice work Buddy, it's something I can aspire to.

Frosty the Lucky.

Dennis, you got the dimensions just about right. Thou I don't know the exact dimensions since I didn't measure it and the customer already took it.

Thanks for compliments

Edit: the grapes were 16mm in diameter. No idea about the weight.