I Forge Iron

beer

mat

I think perhaps that some willing soul in Oz should do extensive testing and provide the group with a full report. Alternatively, if there are none brave enough for the task, you could ship a case to me and I'll gleefully sacrifice for the team.

I put my name in to do testing up here in Canada, send me a 24 pac, 1 baby bubba, 1 keg. When I have finished testing I will pass on my findings to the IFI members.

Having tried both these beers. The Blacksmiths Bitter is no longer available, but was a reasonable beer, more like an ale I thought. Hammer N tongs however is my regular beer of choice. It's cheap (or was) gettin a bit more popular now. Hammer N tongs is actually brewed by Cascade brewery in Tasmania (according to a beer rep who is a mate of my brother) and cascade makes a pretty good beer anyway. So I'd vote for the hammer N tongs over the BB.

Dont tell me no-one else in the world makes blacksmiths beer.

I even have Hammer and Tong stubbie holders for my hammer and tong beer, (translation for the furriners, a stubbie holder is a small cylindrical bottle cover made from wetsuit material designed to keep your beer cool on a hot summers day, a stubbie is a 375ml beer bottle, hence a stubbie holder, what will these xxxx ozzies think of next)

Phil

Had to drive 3/4 hour to find some, no bottlos round here sell it, but I am now enjoying a slab of Hammer and Tongs ( Not in one sitting of course :wacko: ). Not a bad drop, read some interesting reviews on the interweb , including one guy who hated it saying it had a stupid label with some derro with a hammer, I guess there would be some 13,000 members on this site would disagree with that description of a blacksmith :angry:

Cheers

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I saw a billboard that said "Blacksmith" over a pint of beer... after almost running off the road I saw it was an add for Guinness. It was the name for a black and tan made from Guinness and Smithwicks....

I got a chuckle....
cliff

Yesterday I saw a billboard that said "Blacksmith" over a pint of beer... after almost running off the road I saw it was an add for Guinness. It was the name for a black and tan made from Guinness and Smithwicks....

I got a chuckle....
cliff

Sounds tasty!
Phil

Just goes to show that the lads in Australia have a firm grasp on how to give proper respect to the craft!
I'm more of a distilled spirits kind of guy and not having found any labels on the harder stuff that pays homage, I decided to make a few of my own.
These have been real popular with my blacksmithing buddies and I've donated a number of them (affixed to a proper bottle of spirits of course) to the NWBA's conference auctions.

post-3223-12688423908598_thumb.jpg

post-3223-12688424056568_thumb.jpg

post-3223-12688424204824_thumb.jpg