I Forge Iron

Striker Power Hammer

FYI, I contacted Striker to get some info on the 165 through the website about a month ago (when the website was still up), and got zero response. I also called the sales rep in Sacramento, left a message and got no call back. This is what is posted now on the former striker tools US website:All Service or Spare Parts Requests Should Be Directed To:

All Service or Spare Parts Requests Should Be Directed To:

101, Xin Jian Nan Lu, Qixian County Shanxi, P.R. China Post Code: 030900

Shanxi No.2 Forging Press Machinery

354-522-2767 - Office

354-522-5197 - Fax

David, if you or anybody else is interested in a 165 lb. power hammer, I have a 2003 Anyang two piece 165 that is for sale. I bought this from the estate of the previous distributor and has never been used. All of my hammers are set up and tested prior to shipping. Normally this hammer would sell for $13,800. I am asking $9,000 for the hammer.

Last summer (end of July) when I was shopping for a power hammer my second email to Striker tools looked like this:

Hello,

I hope you folks are still in business. I have called and emailed and still would like a price on a stc-55 power hammer. Please send me an email with price for hammer and shipping. I don’t have a fork lift so a lift gate will be needed. I’m located in the Huntsville “north Alabama” area. Thank you.

That got a response and the gentleman informed me of an 88 model and a KA75 being the only things stock. The price was extremely high for the Striker compared to what everyone else has to offer, but otherwise he did have something on hand brand new. The only downside I felt was product availability. You have a website showing these beautiful machines, and if I'm going to spend the kind of money it takes to obtain one, you xxxx well ought to have what the hell I ask for!!

Even though I had a monetary change in my life and got stuck having to build my own power hammer, I give a special thanks to Mr Johnson with the Anyang product line. Always there to answer questions for the customer above and beyond. Thank you also Mr Larson with the Ironkiss product line. New expanded line of Ironkiss hammers for 2010, OUTSTANDING!! I may not be able to own a commercial hammer for some time, but your existence and communication goes further than you may know. Furthermore, if Striker products truly are not available, ABANA needs to remove their ad from their publications. Why waste the ink. My apologies to those who find what I write offensive. Regards, Spears

Hey Spears -
Those two guys are tops. Love reading your blog John, and James is definitely got the support thing dialed. But.....as a machine buyer I dont like seeing any of the suppliers go under. Competition is good. I'm sure people on the west coast in the market for a hammer in the future are bummed. Tough to get an IronKiss to Cali.

I heard Postvilleblacksmith.com has a used 165 Striker for sale
I would have been interested in it but have a SayMak 60K and no more room
If you do contact them let tell them where yo heard it from. No commission to me but always nice to know what friend help you out.

If you look at another popular blacksmithing site you might find the answer to this question regarding Striker. I am not going to repeat it in case it is incorrect and I get sued!

As a general question, unrelated to the above paragraphin any way, how much on the $ do bankruptcy sales make?

well if your got going to spill the beans at least point us to read the info ourselves

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...