I Forge Iron

trying to make a Norfolk Latch

Hi Tom,

Enjoyed the video. It is great to put a voice to the face.
Enjoyed meeting the wife. I'm way behind you on the learning curve, so I enjoyed watching, but I won't be accepting any challenges for a while!
I forged on Thursday and Friday, but the weather has turned here -
so I have switched to shoveling snow in my 'spare' time.

Bill

Tom,

After watching that, All I can say is, "I like you."

The video gave your shop the magical appearance or feel that makes Blacksmithing so alluring. ......somewhere back in a poorly lit workshop a master craftsman creats stuff using a process that is not understood by the everyday folk.

I too like it when a beautiful wife brings me coffee. That is classic.

I like your hand cranked forge and hand cranked drill press.

Is that a "blue tooth"?

You and I would be hanging out if we were closer.

Tom,

After watching that, All I can say is, "I like you."

The video gave your shop the magical appearance or feel that makes Blacksmithing so alluring. ......somewhere back in a poorly lit workshop a master craftsman creats stuff using a process that is not understood by the everyday folk.

I too like it when a beautiful wife brings me coffee. That is classic.

I like your hand cranked forge and hand cranked drill press.

Is that a "blue tooth"?

You and I would be hanging out if we were closer.

thanks to all of you guy's for the kind words... I havn't been doing this long, about a year. and realy don't get alot of time to play in my little building. I drive trucks for a living and while most are asleep I'm out pounding the pavement.

Bud You don't live but just a hop skip and a jump from here, and I got two Anvils. One of them likes to rock.. gotta fix that dude in the future..
But give me a hollor sometime and come on over and we'll try to beat some metal.. Tom

Hi Tom,

Enjoyed the video. It is great to put a voice to the face.
Enjoyed meeting the wife. I'm way behind you on the learning curve, so I enjoyed watching, but I won't be accepting any challenges for a while!
I forged on Thursday and Friday, but the weather has turned here -
so I have switched to shoveling snow in my 'spare' time.

Bill

Bill,
Trying these challenges forces us to learn some new stuff. I still have some work to do on this project but working on it has been fun. If your up in the Lawrence area give me a call. Maybe we can work on one of these or some other challenge. Tom did a great job on the challenge and the video. He says he has a nother good challenge for mid-january. Can't wait.
zDDoug

thanks Guy's .. I'm looking forward to another good Challenge, come the middle of the Month.. This one will definitly be a Challenge for me.. Wish I could tell you all what it was but don't wanta let the Cat outta the Bag.. LOL.. Nice weather down here in Miami...

Hi, I was wondering where the blueprints came from. Also I just bought an awsome door that is kind of old worldish. I am needing to make a door knob for it. I was thinking of trying to modify a comercially bought one and basically just using its internal mechanisms. This will be the front door to my house. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Derek

Ring, knob, or handle, a pic of the door may help, and the proposed mechanism you are going to use, also what architectural style around may help in suitability of design.

Sometimes less info gives more room for imagination, but the end product does not suit the situation.

The gift of telepathy would be a marvellous thing.

Can you enter your location in your details please, that could be most helpful

Nice latch Tom

Hi, I was wondering where the blueprints came from. Also I just bought an awsome door that is kind of old worldish. I am needing to make a door knob for it. I was thinking of trying to modify a comercially bought one and basically just using its internal mechanisms. This will be the front door to my house. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Derek

Derek,
The blue print for this came from Alex Bealer's book The Art of Blacksmithing. This has been a fun challenge. I will finish my latch up this weekend. Waiting to see what Tom has dreamed up for the next challenge.

Doug

Thanks Tom, nice video. I'd say you have a terrific shop, especially with the coffee delivery. Ya just have to love women, they're so tolerant and still do things for us. Reminds me of Deb.
Life is good.

I think you two would be perfect neighbors. Ever think of living in Alaska? We have trucks and Deb would love to have neighbors we could visit back and forth with as in coffee pals.

Frosty the Lucky

Thanks Tom, nice video. I'd say you have a terrific shop, especially with the coffee delivery. Ya just have to love women, they're so tolerant and still do things for us. Reminds me of Deb.
Life is good.

I think you two would be perfect neighbors. Ever think of living in Alaska? We have trucks and Deb would love to have neighbors we could visit back and forth with as in coffee pals.

Frosty the Lucky

Thanks Jerry. Yes I lucked out and got me a good wife.. I thank the good Lord for her all the time. and believe this or not. But she was the answer to a prayer... LONG STORY..
I would love to live in Alaska, But the wife don't want no part of it.. I have planned before to visit there, But it'll never happen, Money is tight and seems like i can't get ahead.. But I reckon thats the American way..lol.. have you a good day..Tom