I Forge Iron

I finally got her :)

I sent the deposit money in june,

but it arrived and all is well

Now that i think about it I should have probley bought the base with it because it costs close to the same as buying the steel and fabricating it

I am hoping the steel finds me lol

I noticed the hammer has a brass nipple near the bottom is this a breather?

I am going to read the instruction manual and see where to add the oil and such haha

This is the most expensive investment I have ever made But I know the knowledge I will gain from having the ability to use it whenever I want will pay off in the long run.

18404.attach

18405.attach

18406.attach

18407.attach

18408.attach

So this is Csa approved it doesnt have the faceshield that osha requires ;)

Should i assume my power hammer is like anything reciprocating,

in the fact that when i put oil into it i should let it break in and drain the oil after 100 hours or something? the manual really sucks to be honest its mostly jibberish,

anyang says to use 60wt oil which the closest to that that I know of would be gear oil for a rear end I will probley use synthetic after it breaks it hoping to get the maximum life out of it

Bryce...
John has done a great job improving the English, grammer, and content of the manual... Thanks John.
If you have any questions about the operation, you can also call me directly at any time. My number is 940 6274529
On the bases... most of the hammers that I have sold, the customers have asked me to build the base... on the new hammers that I am importing from Anyang, I am having them fabricate the base, but it will still be the customers option. Good luck

Thanks Guys, excellent support from people who didnt make a dime off of me,

I will Pm john but for now I have to run I have 2 job interviews

and if i get neither job i am going to Victoria to restore all the cornice work on the hudson's bay company in the downtown core

its only 8 story's up :( and they want me to restore probley 1000 tin spindles which split in the corners after 100 years

the only thing that really sucks is that i would be there all winter, alone high in the sky in the wind and snow and rain

so i am hoping these other guys hire me for stainless fabrication so i can stay inside this winter lol

:) for those would like to see whats inside

as you can see some of the casting is pretty rough and the top of the cylinder has a casting mark but its past its movement so it doesnt matter

there were drill shavings chunks of metal inside from casting but since its a dry sump it probley wouldnt have ever done anything none the less i cleaned it all out

and loctite'd all the bolts and such i need to find one small metric grease zerk because it was basicly missing it I found half of it in the sump and the 45 degree stripped but attached,

Other than that the quality is pretty good its just ugly,

18472.attach

18473.attach

18474.attach

18475.attach

18476.attach

18477.attach

18478.attach

18479.attach

yeah they are all the same pretty much dale I cant wait to use this thing

I was impressed at the size of the cylinder about 8 inches of fury,

I still need to build a base I think I am going to side mount the motor on the base, the belt shroud may not work like that though but I really dont want to mount the motor to the floor or really have to make a big extension so the base is shaped like an L but i will figure it out one way or another.

anyways its time to start forging for me, later on i have to go for a physical

Bryce ,
i mounted my motor on the side . Didn't leave enough room at back between hammer & wall ( out by 40 mm / 1 1/2 " )

I slide the belt guard over pulleys , welded another tab to bolt it to casting , welded another tab to motor mount , it scrapes at times , but seein' as this is only a temp set up until i move i can put up with it .

Next time i'll make sure i've room at back & mount motor from behind

Dale Russell

18491.attach

Bryce ,
i mounted my motor on the side . Didn't leave enough room at back between hammer & wall ( out by 40 mm / 1 1/2 " )

I slide the belt guard over pulleys , welded another tab to bolt it to casting , welded another tab to motor mount , it scrapes at times , but seein' as this is only a temp set up until i move i can put up with it .

Next time i'll make sure i've room at back & mount motor from behind

Dale Russell

How do you like the wood base? Do you think it makes it quieter?

Iron Falcon 72
Ok , i used mine 3 day's before goin' ta MOONY'S " Get HAMMERED " , then MOONY'S 15 kg / 33 lb ( same size as mine ) , then mine again yesterday . You know what , except for Glenns / MOONY's bein' mounted lower , same sorta base as mine ( remembering mines just a temp set up till i move ) i couldn't tell the diff in sound

I do know it's LOUD when the timbers shrink & the nuts are loose ( also don't hit as hard ) check that each time i fire " thumper " ( wife nick name for it ) up

Glenn Moon is the OZ ( Australia ) agent for th Anyang hammers , his 15 kg / 33 lb hammer has been set up for people to come in & try

Glenn's 15 / 33 lb Anyang has a " few " hundred ( possably 1,000 ) more hr's on it then mine

The only diff i noticed was his " warmed up " faster then mine ( mine still bein' run in )

Ow LOUD ,, not as LOUD as Glenn's 7 ctw Massey , but i'd still recondment some sort of ear protection when usin' it , better safe then sorry .... What did you say ???? ... :)

I beat the c rap outta some upset 20 mm / 7/8" yesterday ( upset was 40 mm / 1 1/2 " ) & except for when i was realy layin' inta it at start & near end ( had 100 mm / 4" spread i neaded to get to ) it was pretty quiet ( for a power hammer ) ( 160 DB ear muffs kill a LOT of noise , missus said she heard it when i was givin' it to it 30 mtrs / 100' away from house )

Hope that give you an idea on ow LOUD it gets .

Dale Russell

Edited by Dale Russell
added something