I Forge Iron

Anybody use a Salt Fork swage block?

I got one not long ago. For the price it's GREAT. However be prepared to do lots of finishing work on it when it arrives. I knew this going in. It is straight from the sand at the foundry. A few hours with a die/snag grinder and you will have a first rate swage block that would cost you 5X more IF you could find on.
Get one and enjoy finally having it. JB Bergman

On the salt fork website showing the swege block it looks a little thin on the hollow that is bottom right of side one. I would be careful when hitting there. Otherwise it looks like a good value and I almost bought one. I ended up finding one at Pennsic that suited my needs perfectly.

A great block but as mentioned above, be ready to do a couple hours of finish work on it. (if it was in "ready to use" condition the cost would be out the roof!) The picture solvarr refers to is deceptive, in real life the block is plenty thick in that area. I purchased mine several years back and have enjoyed owning it. Don't use it everytime I'm in the shop but it has paid for itself for sure. Weight is about 65lbs.

Edited by Thomas Dean