I Forge Iron

No They're limiting you BEER? You Poor Sots!

On the wire services:

Australian Racing Fans Limited To "Only" 24 Beers A Day

Australian police are gearing up for an annual crackdown on motor-racing fans - limiting race-goers to 24 cans of beer per day. The*BBC*reported that police at the Bathurst 1000, a 1,000km (621 mile) race with V8 engine cars, would restrict fans to drinking one "slab" (24 cans) of beer a day.

Wine drinkers, the BBC noted, were not exempt, and were only allowed four liters a day.

Below are some of the more alcohol soaked images of previous years at the Bathurst 1000.

Read more at:*Australian Racing Fans Limited To "Only" 24 Beers A Day (PHOTOS)

Grant , first time i went to Bathurst in the early 1980's between 11 of us we drank 124 doz tinnies in 4 days ( btw , 1 slab = 24 can's , so that was 64 slabs , about 3 1/2 doz can's a day )
Think i had a good time :)
To this day i still don't know who won the race

3 yrs after that the officals " banned " bringing in packaged beer . took some creative thinking on how to hide way from prying eyes 100 doz tinnies / 50 slabs that yr, but we did it :)

Dale Russell

BTW , we had to stop on the way home for more " travelers " that first yr ( & no i wasn't driving the bus )

You furriners may laugh but to an Aussie, that much beer is just not enough.
Remember that has to last you 24 hours per person. Thats only one can per hour!
Then you have to take in breakfast, 1 can of beer on your cornflakes, instead of milk, cause the milk as gorn off, (cant keep it in the esky no room for the beer then) no milk for coffee or tea, another beer. Then you probly want to brush the teeth, use beer to rinse the mouth out, and on it goes. The kids get a dirty face, beer to the rescue again, not the whole can but, oh well seeing as its opened I cant let it go to waste. As I quote a famous person (Homer Simpson) "Hmmmm Beer, is there nothing that beer cannot do!"
It's just an unAustralian thing to do, ration beer.