I Forge Iron

East coast hammer up for auction

The Canada goverment has a pneumatic hammer up for auction out of the shipyards,looks to be about a 500# ?? Starting bid is 400$ Havn't a clue how to add a link so if you go to TPSGC | PWGSC pick the sell feature off the menu on the left and go to subform heavy equipment and machinery should find it. p.s. don't shot the messenger,pls:confused:

thank you John... that was extremely helpful ;)

I knew i couldn't get it at the moment but a very close friend ( like a bros ) needed this one.. ( he's getting back into big gates n fences )... gave him a hint on what to bid, and gee whiz, he'd followed my advice and has the hammer..... i knew it had to have been in top shape... the dnd usually maintains everything on schedule..

could barely understand him on the phone when he called... ... man... a real Mint shape Massey... does it get any better.. :D

Greg

ps.. i did get the invite to use it when i want... thats definitely something i'll do:D:D

There was a 200lb Chambersburg that went on ebay not too long ago that ended up in your neck of the woods, nakedanvil. I had this killer plan to swoop in at the last minute and snap it up for the opening bid of 5K. Somebody else had a better plan to pay the very reasonable 8K for the "buy it now". Doh.

Hi

yep... talked to him abit... and its paid up... little more than 4 with the fee's and such.. but still a honey of a deal

Thomas, i already got to him and he's going to put up a new shop ( it was already in the works but now its much more ) ...and a proper base block for it..
.... i've no doubt he's going to look after it... ;)

Hi J

over on the east coast...in halifax area..... .. i believe it'll get stored this year as the hammer gets pulled in 3 to 4 weeks... theres abit of time for him to plan it.. and the shop layout

definitely, i'll tell him to look up John for that stuff... he's been a great help !

Greg

Just as a coincidence I just bought the identical hammer for myself today (for myself = mine!, not for resale, ive been looking for one for a while) ! stole it from ebay, the guy had mis-described it (diddnt use a single key word a blacksmith would use in a search, called it a stamp!)

Ive paid not much more than scrap price and it looks a good un! (not as nice as the canadian machine but that condition is extremly rare)

Here she is, 'Jaycee' :D

jaycee.jpg