I Forge Iron

Latest hinge project

Could you clarify what you mean by "Kisser Blocks"

Yeah, I wanted the neck to stop at 5/8", so I cut a couple 5/8" blocks to fit betwen the dies of my guillotine dies. They are hidden inside the side rails. This prevents the dies from closing any tighter than 5/8".

Eliminates the guess work.

Don

Thanks for that explanation for kisser blocks, I term them depth regulators, sometimes I incorporate them directly into the die.

Two blind holes, one at each side, and a matched pair of inserts can be dropped into them (Usually made from what we term "Silver Steel", O1 ground stock 5/8" diameter)

Hello Everybody,I am not sure that I am posting this on the right forum,as I am still learning to navigate around this web site,so if I am doing anything wrong,I appologise in advance.I am looking to find pictures info and specs on Racine power hacksaws.If anyone has any info or thoughts, or opinions,I would like to hear them.

Thanks, Don

Nice hinges.
Like the hook and eyes, never know they store bought.
I was thinking yesterday about how you would go about putting threads for wood on something. I made some hinges yesterday (strap hinges) (nothing close to yours). I bought lag bolts to make the pentil ( is this the right word). I don't know that I have seen this talked about. How is it done?

Billy

Don,
Thanks for the threads.
They look real good. Like Frosty said in one of the threads, making one isn't bad but making another and then several that look exactly the same is quite a challenge.
I make one of something that I think looks decent and then try another and sometimes it seems impossible. I guess thats why everybody says pratice , pratice and more of it!
Thank You
Billy