I Forge Iron

Auction Forge.

Sabastion

FANTASTIC!!! These go for $225 and up on eBay. I have one that I used for several years as my traveling demo forge, great little forge. Mine does have the pressed metal pan and not the cast iron like yours.(Yes, I have a guy wanting it for my asking price of $225.00.) Yours has a crack, nothing to worry about. To fix it drill a couple of 1/4" holes on either side of the crack about 2" from the top and bolt a piece of 1x1/8" or simular strap to the side. You will need to form the strap to the same conture of the pan and you can bolt this to the inside of the forge with no proble. This will help keep it together and releif the possible strain on the bolts/flange on the blower. Ya done good dude!

The blower turns fine as far as i can tell. I it makes noise but i think that's normal. I still cant believe they were selling it as a grill. If you look at it. There is a text that says "Clay forge before using" lol.

I also bought a bucket of refractory cement along with some other stuff. Will that work to line the inside?

The refractory should work. handle with extreme care, i.e. rubber gloves, safety glasses WITH faceshield, respirator. Some refratories use an acid to activate so mach sure you have everything you need. use a plastic butter bowl to cove the grate area and mix enough to give you about 1" to 1 1/2" deep, roll the inside edge of the hole, about a 1" radius, so as not to have a sharp edge on the refrac, it will chip away if you don't.
If the handle keeps turning a round or so after you release it and it turns with ease then you have no worries. Use THIN oil in the blower, cranks easier in cold weather. I use ATF and 30WT nondetergent oil. cheap is fine. It will leak oil, just the nature of blowers, so be aware and prep for oil on the ground/floor. HAVE FUN!!