I Forge Iron

Stripping zinc with vinegar

ZnO's oral toxicity is fairly low; one 13-week oral toxicity study I found on Google Scholar determined its no-observed-adverse-effect level (NOAEL) to be 268.4 mg/kg/day. For a person weighting 175 pounds, that would be 3/4 of an ounce (a bit more than 3/4 of a teaspoon).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the heat out here I'm working an hour in the shop alternated with an hour in the house sitting in front of the fan reading and drinking water/lemonade/iced tea.

Going to the scrap yard is: be there when it opens, bring water and expect a 2 hour lunch break when I get home.

1 hour ago, LeeJustice said:

Did you mean ingested?

YES, INGESTED. ARGHHHH! 

Thanks for catching that. I don't know how I made that one, J and G aren't even close on the keyboard and the two words meanings are so different I can't see just using the wrong word. 

Did I get anything else wrong?

Frosty The Lucky.

ARGHHH! There was even a red line under inJested. I'm thinking I should maybe just close my comp and take a morning nap. 

Happily you pointed out my total screw up in time to edit.

I think I'll just read today. 

<sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

Spell correct on this machine is a nightmare and I have to go through a list of menus to get it turned off when Windoz updates. Spell check is good and even harder to shut off so I'll settle with good. 

I talk to people on my phone, I recently had to spend about half an hour on hold to get Kroger to stop texting me with valuable offers, responding with STOP only got a string of texts telling me to allow to continue receiving valuable offers.

I use the camera and occassionally the weather but that's about it. So if I don't respond to your text I'm not ignoring you. I'm ignoring your Text.

I might have to start using my phone to go online once Deb and I start RVing but I might get away with using my Kindle. I can use that keyboard itty bitty as it is.

Frosty The Lucky.

It was tough to start texting and using my phone more but now it is about my main tech. My kids have my main computer burried so I barely get to get on it. Just easier having an all in one even if the keyboard is tiny. Access to the world online through a little devise. ... they charge enough for them so I utilize it where I can. 

For my devise which is outdated (doesnt take long) but is strong and durrable, I'd need a powered stylus. It's a galaxy s8active with additional case and screen shield. I need all the armor I can get. It is pretty me proof now. Just need a new screen shield once in a while. The fragility of these new phones baffles me. Almost none has a durrable phone available in store. 

I've never been compelled to set my phone on the anvil when working. It is either in my pocket or hooked up to a charger somewhere safe. Tho, I have made the mistake of setting it on my welding table with a reference picture up on the screen then doing some welding. Thankfully I had the glass screen protector on the screen and that is what got the melted in weld spatter. The screen protectors are cheap and easy to replace. I wouldnt go without one on it.  I try to remember not to set it on the welding table any more. 

I REALLY miss my old flip phone, it was the civilian model of a military cell phone and was literally bullet proof against small arms. Good for 6m drop on a hard surface, water proof to 6m depth, EMP shielded. I don't know how they shielded it against EMP seeing as radio is EMR. I LOVED that phone, it took good pics I could've surfed the web done email, etc. and it had a keyboard. The screen was tiny though. 

By funny coincidence a few weeks after Verizon finally bought out ALL the cell towers within 100 miles along the highway corridor and in S.E Panhandle we got notified  they were changing the cell, (language or some such) and we'd need to get our phones re-chipped or buy new one. 

Like any of the old phones could be re-chipped, the new chips just wouldn't fit. The coincidence deepens! The ONLY cell phones the Verizon affiliate in Wasilla had were Iphones. The couple others were either satellite or specialty high dollar cell capable units.

I keep my iphone armored and nowhere near me while I'm welding, I don't know what the pretty intense EMR from an AC arc might do to it's electronics and the darned things are stupid expensive for dozens of features I have no use for. 

Frosty The Lucky.